There are plenty of ways to sell your car online in the 21st century. Search engines like Google and social networks like Facebook and Twitter offer ways to catch up with an old friend, research a favorite product, and sell a used car online.
For some, the old “For Sale” sign on the windshield is the way to go. For others, selling a car to a dealer or auto broker is attractive.
But now there are many people signing online to sell their used cars. If you’re interested in online resources, then here are a few to check out…
Private Party Websites
Like Craigslist.org offer great ways to deal with private party buyers. But when you meet someone in person (typically a stranger) to negotiate a sale, safety should be your first priority.
- Screen potential buyers thoroughly before you even arrange a meet up. Ask questions over the phone to make sure the buyer is serious.
- Arrange a public place to meet for the negotiation. Also, bring a family member or trusted friend to the meeting. If that can’t be done, at least make sure someone knows where you are.
- Keep your cool and trust your gut. If you are not comfortable dealing with private buyers, maybe it’s not the best way for you to sell your car.
- Make sure you have the money before you sign over the pink slip. Then everybody wins.
Millions of people are online everyday perusing social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Google Plus. Are you engaged in any one of these social networks? Spreading the word about your used car might be easier than expected.
- News spreads like wildfire in social networks. The nice thing about these word-of-mouth opportunities is that they typically involve referrals from friends, so no “stranger danger”.
- Even with referrals from friends, you should still make your safety a priority because you’ll have to deal in person. So keep the Craigslist tips in mind.
Licensed and Bonded Auto Buyers
If dealing directly with private party buyers isn’t your thing, you’ll always have the option to deal with a licensed and bonded auto buyer. For example, vOffer offers a step-by-step solution to sell your car in Dallas, TX, that guarantees cash on the spot without any inconveniences.
The choice is yours. Happy selling!